Can I just say something out loud? Was last week NOT the BEST weather week in the history of weather? Windows open. Sun shining. And kids in school full time. Bliss, peeps. Pure bliss.
It’s pretty hard to top that, but here are the things making me happy this week.
In a past “I Love These Things”…I told you that I was in love with CND Vinylux Topcoat because it did an amazing job of making my regular manicures last 10-days. And while this is still true, I found that CND does a poor job of keeping the nails SHINY for 10-days. And who like dull polish?
So I started finishing my manicure with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish in Clearly Quick on top of the CND Topcoat and it has been amazing. First, it helps cut the drying time in half and it creates a chip-free, super shiny existence for 10 days. And for $4, the price can’t be beat.
If you can find a better zero-calorie beverage on the planet, I’ll give you $100.
I’ve always been a fan of Good Earth Tea’s Sweet & Spicy Decaffeinated for an evening beverage, but this summer I’ve become addicted to all their other “ice tea” flavors. But my favorite one, BY FAR, was Matcha Maker.
OH. MY. WORD, it is so amazing. First, when you look at the list of ingredients, how can it be bad?
Licorice root, orange peel, chamomile, orange oil, ginger root, lime oil, and citric acid.
An amazing combination of savory with the sweet citrus flavors. So amazing, that I have been known to drink the ENTIRE batch of ice tea ALL. BY. MYSELF. Normally, a box will run you between $4 and $4.50 at Sprouts or Whole Foods, so when can find deals like this one on Amazon, I tend to buy them up.
Again, $100 if you can find a better zero-calorie beverage. #youarewelcome
3. iPad Stand
I realize that I may be the LAST PERSON on earth to have an iPad stand, but I got my first one this week – a Anker Aluminum iPad Stand.
I’m in LOVE.
I had a cover, that was suppose to double as a stand, but let’s be honest, that is a joke. When I think of “stand”, I think of something that will make my iPad stand upright, at attention. Not something that makes my iPad look half drunk, to fall down at any moment, interrupting my precious streaming viewing time.
But this stand is amazing. I now proudly display my iPad in my kitchen where I use it to watch television, stream music and find recipes. Best $9.00 I’ve spent in a long time. (It really is the little things.)
Plus, I always like a deal, so use code OTC899AK at checkout to save $3.00.
I’m in Week Two and Day 10 of the Whole30. (I write my posts on Wednesday, so when you read this, I’ll be on Day 13, but that seems confusing.)
My thoughts with having the first week completed.
- I miss wine, a lot. Especially on the weekend. But on the upside, I’m getting a TON OF STUFF done around the house.
- I don’t miss dairy, at all. Even in my coffee. I think I will convert to almond milk for life.
- If it weren’t for various flavors of LaCroix, I think I wouldn’t be able to do this. I have a beverage addiction.
- I was tired ALL. THE. TIME during the first week. There was one day that I picked up my daughter from school, came home, turned on Spongebob and took a nap for an hour. And I still went to bed at 8:30 pm that night. #truth
- However, I’m sleeping like a BABY. I go to sleep at night and don’t wake up at all until my Wake Up Light goes on.
- I’m not sure if I’ve lost any weight, but my clothes fit better.
- I’m pretty sure I will be sick of eggs by the end of the challenge.
- Stay tuned for next week’s update…
And if you missed it, here are some new articles this week.
See past editions of I LOVE These Things.