In my house, there are two things that are sacred to my husband and son.
God and Star Wars.
Want to have a 45 minute debate? Just say the phrase, “Which Star Wars movie is the best?”
Or, utter the question, “Who was a bigger bad-ass, Darth Maul or Darth Vader?” and sit back to watch an hour of your life go by.
So when it was announced that Disney/Lucasfilm would create three new Star Wars movies, my dynamic-duo were a little hesitant. They still had the taste of Jar-Jar in their mouth (don’t ask “Which was the worst Star Wars character?”), but then the saw the Star Wars Trailers and Star Wars Mania started again.
So, this Star Wars Ewok Granola Bars Recipe is the perfect way to feed their addiction.
Honestly, it looks WAY HARDER than it really is. Remember, Ewoks are furry and have beady eyes…so a few missteps makes your Ewok look more authentic. It would be perfect for a Star Wars themed birthday party or to celebrate the new movie when it comes out this Christmas.
Star Wars Ewok Granola Bars Recipe
In my house, there are two things that are sacred to my husband and son, God and Star Wars. This Star Wars Ewok Granola Bars Recipe is the perfect way to feed their addiction.
Recipe Yields: Depends on the size of the box, but usually 8-10 bars.
Quaker Chewy Dips Granola Bars
Tootsie Rolls Candy
Baker’s White Chocolate
Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses
1. Unwrap your tootsie roll.
2. Pull and flatten it until you have the shape of your Ewok’s head shroud. It’s okay if looks lopsided. It should look really rough.
3. Rip a hole in the tootsie roll shroud where your Ewok’s face will go.
4. Unwrap a granola bar.
5. Place your Ewok’s tootsie roll shroud on the top of your granola bar, pinching it down on the sides to secure.
6. Take the small piece of reserved tootsie roll candy that you ripped from the head shroud and make two round and thin ears.
7. Attach the Ewok’s tootsie roll ears to the top corners of the granola bar.
8. Take a second tootsie roll and pinch a small section to form your Ewok’s hand.
9. Pinch off more candy to make the tip of your spear.
10. Poke your toothpick into the bottom of the spear tip you just made.
11. Affix the spear and the ewok’s hand to the side of the granola bar.
12. Form the fingers by indenting the candy with the edge of another toothpick.
13. Pinch another section of tootsie roll off and form the lips and nose. These should be very small.
14. Unwrap one chocolate kiss and place it in a small microwave safe bowl.
15. Microwave on high for 15 seconds or until just melted enough to be stirred with the tip of a knife. You do not want your chocolate to be liquid.
16. Spread the dark chocolate onto the bottom of your granola bar lifting up with your knife to form peaks resembling fur.
17. Spread some more dark chocolate into the head shroud hole where the face will go.
18. Place one square of white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl.
19. Microwave on high for 15 seconds or until just melted enough to be stirred with the tip of a knife.
20. With the tip of your knife transfer a small amount of melted white chocolate onto the dark chocolate on your granola bar in the place where your Ewok’s face will be.
21. Be sure to lift up and out with your knife to form peaks of fur.
22. Using tweezers, place your Ewok’s nose and mouth onto the white chocolate.
23. Dip a toothpick into your melted dark chocolate and dab two eyes onto your granola bar.
24. Allow a few minutes to let your chocolate set before serving.
Like this recipe? Make sure to follow our Delicious Desserts Recipe Board on Pinterest where we share recipes like this everyday.
LOVE this recipe? Make sure to check out all of our tried and true recipes in the Redefined Mom Recipe Index.