The purpose of What’s For Dinner? is to provide you a recipe with items on sale this week, with no more than 10 ingredients (not including pantry items), and coming in at under $10 per meal.
With the weather being warmer (finally), I’ve started to have an hankering for Baked Beans. Luckily, DS Cub Scout picnic is next week – so I’ll be making these.
Amazin’ Baked Beans
1 16 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed (or you can use some of your cooked dried beans.)
1 16 oz. can of red or kidney beans, drained and rinsed (or you can use some of your cooked dried beans.)
1 28 oz. can of baked beans with brown sugar (as part of the Hy-Vee Deals this week.)
6 slices of bacon, diced
1 medium onion, diced
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup sharp, cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the first three ingredients.
3. Saute diced bacon and onion together until onions are tender. Drain any excess grease. Add to bean mixture.
4. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
5. Bake in 3-Quart Casserole dish for two hours. Stirring every 30 minutes.
What about you? What is your summertime dish? Are you starting to crave it? Share it with us via the comments or on the Kansas City Mamas Facebook Page.