Disclosure: I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for Vanity Fair. I received product samples to facilitate my review and compensation to thank me for my participation.
I’m so excited to share with you that I have been chosen to be a brand ambassador for Vanity Fair.
This is a dream partnership for me!!! Why?
- Reason #1: I’ve worn Vanity Fair bras almost exclusively since I was 20 years old, so I FIRMLY believe in the product.
- Reason #2: I believe that EVERY WOMEN deserves to have a well-fitting bra and Vanity Fair provides a great product at a great price.
- Reason #3: Vanity Fair’s relationship with Dress for Success is symbolic of what “Redefined Mom” stands for…providing confidence for women – whether on a job interview, a day in the office, or chasing around kiddos after lunch time.
For the next six months, I will be your go-to girl for all things Vanity Fair lingerie related and their campaign “Women Who Do“. A campaign dedicated to praising and celebrating everyday triumphs of women in the hopes to inspire women to support, encourage and celebrate each other.
3 Things Every Woman Should Know About Vanity Fair Bras
(It honestly was like Bras 101 there was so much amazing information.)
But these are my favorite “ah-ha moments” during the summit and the 3 things every woman should know about Vanity Fair bras.
Women Have Enough To Worry About, An Ill-Fitting Bra Shouldn’t Be One Of Them
During dinner on Wednesday night at ABC Kitchen, I was blessed to sit next to JoAnna Beddingfield, VP of Brand Management for Vanity Fair. She spoke about the past, present and future of Vanity Fair during dinner and said something to me (and I could be paraphrasing a bit) that just stuck…
Women have enough to worry about, an ill-fitting bra shouldn’t be one of their worries. We don’t have time to worry about a bra strap slipping, the back riding up, or falling out of a cup. Vanity Fair is about putting on a comfortable bra so you can forget about it and get on with your day.
Vanity Fair Philosophy + Listening & Engaging With Women = Bras That Work
My favorite part of the event was Thursday morning and listening to Kristen Supulski, Director of Merchandising for Vanity Fair present the Vanity Fair Collections to our blogger group.
(That is her above…I’m pretty sure her reaction is when I said AMEN and HALLELUJAH to hearing about the Cooling Touch Bra.)
Kristen was a walking encyclopedia of all things “bra” related. The technology. The fit. The colors. The style. I think I could have listened to her forever.
Vanity Fair has been making intimate apparel for nearly 100 years. And during that time, their philosophy has been simple, to provide beautiful, elegant solution-based lingerie to women. They talk to, engage and listen to real women and their struggles with lingerie.
(And let’s be honest, it can be a struggle. Who hasn’t went into a department store dressing room with 15 bras, only to pick one that fits “okay”, resign yourself that it is normal, and vow to not do it again for a year.)
Things I learned from Kristen that Vanity Fair does differently…
- Vanity Fair has regular sales associate training sessions – you don’t have to wait for a “fit event” but can be fitted at any time at stores like Macy’s, JC Penney or Kohl’s.
- Vanity Fair is constantly innovating – for example, the Beauty Back Bra that has straps closer together to avoid slipping, front adjust and a extra layer of material with spandex to create a seamless feature. Plus it comes in either wireless or underwire, depending on your preference.
- Vanity Fair’s bras go through a “wash test” – they are tested and tested to make sure the bra keeps its shape through multiple washings, dryings and wearings.
80% of Women Are Wearing The Wrong Bra Size
Did you know that 8 out of 10 women are wearing the wrong sized bra? If you think about it, when was the last time you were properly fitted for a bra? Weight loss or gain, child birth, age, or medical issues can ALL change your bra size.
For most of the bloggers in the group, it had been a long time since they had been fitted. So we headed over to the Macy’s at Herald Square Lingerie Department on Thursday morning, armed with a $100 Gift Card, a Vanity Fair Fit Expert, and the desire to find our perfect bra.
Not surprisingly to me because I get sized every year, I was sized correctly.
My perfect bra came in the form of the Cooling Touch Bra (Style #76355). This bra uses heat diffusing WinCool fabric so it feels breathable and light and you stay cool all day long. It was so PERFECT in fact, that I wore it the next day when Hubs and I explored NYC in 95 degree heat and walked 18,000 steps. And true to it’s word, it kept me cool the whole day.
I can’t wait to share with you over the next six months other facts, tips and tricks I learned from Vanity Fair to help you pick the right bra.
(And believe me, I have five pages of notes.)