I believe teens fall into two categories when they are asked what they want for the holidays.
- Grunt a reply. You know what I’m talking about. They make a guttural sound that can either be “I don’t know” or “I don’t care” or “stop talking to me” or “anything would be lovely” or “when’s dinner?” Who the heck knows what they are saying!
- Everything on the list costs $200 or more. Umm, fat chance, kiddo.
To fix this communication and expectation dilemma, I’ve come up with DIY Creative Holiday Gift Card or Cash Gifts for Teens.
Teens love gift cards, cash and shopping. With one of these gifts, your teen can shop for what they want or save up to eventually buy that big, expensive item they have been dying for.
Good luck and happy communicating with your teen (and pre-teen) this holiday season 🙂
DIY Creative Holiday Gift Card or Cash Gifts for Teens
What you will need:
- 1 mason jar
- 1 large bag of M&M’s or similar small candy
- Small candy canes
- Gift card(s)
- Fill your mason jar with your candy.
- Insert your gift card(s) inside the candy.
- Decorate your jar however you would like. I tied a ribbon around the top. Great as a gift or stocking stuffer.
DIY Rootbeer Reindeer Cash Gift
What you will need:
- 1 bottle of root beer
- 1 pair of craft google eyes
- 1 small red pom-pom
- 2 brown pipe cleaners
- 1 red, green or gold pipe cleaner
- Glue gun
- Twist one brown pipe cleaner around the top of your root beer bottle just below the cap making the base of the antlers. Cut the other pipe cleaner in half then in quarters. Twist 2 small pieces of cut pipe cleaner around the already attached pipe cleaners to finish off the reindeer antlers.
- Fold your cash into a scarf shape and twist around the neck of your bottle attaching with a red, green or gold pipe cleaner, twisting to secure.
- Hot glue your eyes and red pom-pom nose onto the front of your bottle. Great as a gift or stocking stuffer.
If you like this post, be sure to check out our DIY Creative Ways To Give A Cash Gift.
What are some creative ways you gift your teens gift cards or cash?
Becca Wilkinson has a creative “need” and will do anything to avoid laundry. She writes over at Cul-de-sac Cool about design, DIY/crafts, easy eats, family, funny experiences and of course, motherhood. Becca wants to spread happiness, helpful tips, pretty things and funny experiences throughout the land. She is the proud mother of three boys and married to her college sweetheart. In her past life she was a graphic designer. Becca has learned a lot these past years about juggling boys, blogging, family and suburban life.