The purpose of What’s For Dinner? is to provide you a recipe with items on sale this week, with no more than 10 ingredients (not including pantry items), and coming in at under $10 per meal.
It’s HOT is Kansas City. Like step outside for 15 minutes – need a shower – kind of HOT.
And when it gets this hot, my desire for cooking melts away like my makeup.
So I thought today I would revisit some of my older posts about crockpot meals, homemade marinades and the all important hot dog. Because I find the more I can get done in the morning before it is hot, the better the chance of dinner getting on the table.
Hot Dogs – the Gourmet Kind
And finally, since we seem to have an abundance of FREE salad dressing lately – I thought I would share a quick and easy tip that makes good use of it.
- After you have purchased your meats and either divided them up into appropriate size freezer bags (of if the meat already comes in a freezer bag).
- Open a bottle of Italian Dressing or any dressing that has a vinegar base (Balsamic, Raspberry, etc.) and dump it on your meat.
- Put in the freezer and forget about it.
- Pull meat (with dressing) from freezer and place in refrigerator to thaw. (Or you can be old school and place it on your counter. And no comments about this being unsafe – I get it. I still do it.)
- As your meat is thawing, it is also marinating. Discard marinade before grilling.
What about you? Does meal planning get thrown out the window when it gets hot? Share it with us via the comments or on the Kansas City Mamas Facebook Page.