My sister-in-law went to Target the other day near Albany, NY and they would not accept both a target coupon and manufacturer coupon for a single item. She asked me if the coupon policy varies by store or by region. I told her I wasn’t sure but I didn’t think it did. She contacted Target headquarters and got this response. I thought I would share it with all of you just in case you run into any problems too.
Here it is: Target Corporate Coupon Policy
Thanks for asking us about using coupons at Target. Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores. Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:
- We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued and manufacturer-issued.
- We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
- We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in this case, we’re able to adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.
- We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you’re checking out.
- For questions about using a specific coupon, we encourage you to stop by Guest Service and ask to speak with the Guest Service Team Leader. They’ll do their best to help while you’re in the store. If you still have questions after speaking with them, please call our Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. Either way, we’re here to help!
Leave a Reply