I had the opportunity to hang out with my favorite Nordstrom Manager, Taylor, yesterday. We shopped the whole Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in-store and she went through some of her “hidden gems” with me…these are items that so cute in-person (vs online) or are DEEPLY discounted.
Here are her (yes, the managers) Top 10 Picks From the Sale…the Nordstrom Annivesary Sale Hidden Gems.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Hidden Gems
1. NYDJ Henley Top (Plus Size) ($64.90 – reg. $98)
This top made the list because it looks like a Grandma print online but was SO BEAUTIFUL in person. Online, it looks like some pinky-cream color. In person…it’s a beautiful shade of blush with a very vivid pattern.
In fact, I was DYING because I wanted this shirt in regular size because the fabric was so pretty. I PROMISE, you will not be disappointed with this shirt. It will look great on it’s own or under a jacket.
2. Dolce Vita ‘Silas’ Over the Knee Boot ($199.90 – reg. $299.95)
Another one in the camp of…looks just “meh” online. Out of all of the over-the-knee boots, this one is the most gorgeous. (Yes, it beats out the Halogen and the Vince Camuto).
The suede. The stitching on the back. The lower heel. Again, in person, this boot STOLE the show.
3. Trish McEvoy The Power of Makeup Planner® Collection Simply Chic ($199 – reg. $505)
I spent some time talking to the Bobbi Brown Makeup manager and she said this set was one of the best values they have ever had on the Anniversary Sale. It’s truly an all-in-one…eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, concealer, contour/blush, lip stick and liner and skin care for $200.
Plus, if you order online, you’ll get an a $80 bonus buy for FREE. It’s like $600 worth of product for $200. WIN.
4. Yummie Nici Shaping Briefs ($12.90 – reg. $18)
These briefs are for when you just want a little more “smoothing” when wearing dresses, skirts or shorts, but don’t want to wear FULL ON Spanx.
They are SUPER lightweight. Keep the muffin top in. And are a great price point at an almost 30% discount.
5. Panacea Ombré Crystal Teardrop Earrings ($17.90 – reg. $28)
Again, another item that looks like crap online but is BEAUTIFUL in store. I had at least FIVE sales associates pick up these earrings and “ooh…ahh” on them. Then I told them…look at the price and they all said, “SHUT UP.”
The colors truly go with EVERYTHING. Blacks, greys, pinks, browns…you name it. This might be my favorite “hidden gem” in the sale. They just sparkle.
6. Chelsea28 Victoriana Tank ($45.90 – reg. $69)
I put this tank on my first shopping guide, but I had to share it again because it was more beautiful in person. It literally made my heart flutter…it was so darn pretty.
If you are looking for a date night top, this is one is a winner.
7. BLANKNYC ‘Easy Rider’ Faux Leather Moto Jacket ($64.90 – reg. $98)
In a million years, looking at this jacket, I would have never guessed this jacket was only $65. The weight. The quality. The zipper details. It looks like a $250 jacket.
If I didn’t already own a moto jacket, I would swoop this one up in a heartbeat. I’ve even debating buying the green one because it is such a great looking jacket.
8. Two by Vince Camuto Seamed Back Leggings ($31.90 – reg. $49)
I know. I know…I always say, “Leggings aren’t pants.” But these leggings…they are as THICK as pants. And they are long enough for this 5′ 9″ girl’s body. I’ve never worn leggings made of such awesome material. In fact, I may have changed my HUE ways.
I can not wait to wear them this winter!
9. Louise et Cie ‘Shayna’ Block Heel Bootie ($109.90 – reg. $189.95)
Again, this is another boot that looked so much better in person than online. (In fact, when I picked it up, I thought it was this pair of Stuart Weitzman Boots. And it is a third of the price.)
The scrunch at the back will make this the perfect pair of booties to wear with cropped jeans or skirts/dresses. Plus, the simple details of the gold zipper and button mean just a little more bling to your feet.
10. Argento Vivo Circle Collar Necklace ($44.90 – reg. $75)
This necklace looks like nothing online. In fact, it looks boring. But, oh.my.word. is it beautiful in person. It is such a statement piece without being OVER THE TOP…no colorful beads or rhinestones or anything.
Just classy. It lays so nice against the neck. I bought it and can’t to wear it with about everything this fall, winter, spring and summer.
And here are my original picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
What You Need To Know For Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale prices make it accessible for bargain shoppers. I get it, some of you may think that Nordstrom is out of your price range and think this sale isn’t for you. Please know this isn’t the case. I buy my kid’s school shoes here every year because they a) last longer (this is no joke…the quality is different, I swear to you. I usually only have to buy one pair of tennis shoes for the year because they last.) and b) the prices are only $10 – $15 more than Kohl’s (even after Kohl’s cash). Think of this sale as where you will purchase quality pieces that will last you several years.
- Not everything at Nordstrom is included in the sale. It’s a curated list. If you visit Nordstrom in-person, anniversary sale items will be separated from the other merchandise by curtained sections. Prices online will reflect the sale price vs the regular price.
- Purchase online and pick-up in-store. Because of Nordstrom generous return policy, you can purchase online, pick-up in-store, try on at home and then return what doesn’t work. Saves time. Avoids the crowds.
- Become a Nordstrom Rewards Member. Embrace their rewards program. Choose from the non-credit card option (one point for every dollar spent; 2,000 points = $20 gift certificate) or credit-card option (Two points for every dollar spent; 2,000 points = $20 certificate; Triple-point events throughout the year; reimbursement for tailoring; early access to Anniversary Sale). I’m a credit card member because of all the perks listed. It really does add up.
- Shop Early. The most popular styles sell out or have limited sizes. However, I’ve had luck with checking back later in the sale (especially toward the end) because items get restocked or returned.
- Think you are going to spend a few hundred dollars? Make an appointment. Every year, I make an appointment with my favorite sales person. I meet them at a pre-determined spot with my list in hand…they take me around the store and make sure I’m waited on and then I pay once. The best part? The service is FREE. It makes shopping in-store a breeze.