It’s the most WONDERFUL TIME of the year!
Today is the first day of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for card holders. That means you can shop the sale before the general public.
I shop this sale EVERY year without fail. I get great deals on shoes for the kiddos for school, bonus buys on makeup, and usually a few new clothing items.
Here are my favorite items….plus I’ll tell you what I actually am going to buy. And then I’ll go over my steps to get the most out of the sale.
Kelly’s Picks of Her Favorite Nordstrom Items
1. Rebecca Minkoff “Vanity” Handbag ($254.90 – reg. $425) – BOUGHT IT
I’ve been lusting after a Chloe bag (say $1500 – that was never going to fly) for over two years. This has the same look without being a mortgage payment.
2. Hinge Cora Heels ($66.90 – reg. $99.95)
I love this heels look. It will be PERFECT for all the cropped jeans and pants that are EVERYWHERE this year.
3. Two by Vince Camuto Sleeveless Waffle Stitch Cowl Neck Sweater for $45.90 – reg. $69)
Versatile for the winter time. Great under a jacket or where a long sleeve silk shirt underneath. Perfect.
4. KUT from the Cloth Diana Skinny Jeans ($59.90 – reg. $89.50)
This is such a timeless style and color. Not too skinny. Not too bootcut. Short enough to wear with ankle boots. Easily tucked in for wearing with riding boots.
5. Guess Envelope Collar Coat ($139.90 – reg. $240)
Is GORGEOUS. If you have a tiny waist, but struggle with your hips, this coat will be SO FLATTERING on you. And the cost? Bonkers.
6. Leith Shawl Collar Cocoon Cardigan ($49.90 – reg. $74) – BOUGHT IT
This looks so COMFY. Like throw on with a pair of jeans and enjoy a good movie kind of comfortable. And the material combination means it will be SUPER soft too.
I also love this Halogen Cashmere Cardigan for $98.90 (reg. $148) for the same reason (plus it comes in more colors) or this Halogen Long Slide Slit Cardigan for $49.90 (reg. $78) or this Barefoot Dream Circle Cardigan for $76.90 (reg. $116) or this Barefoot Dreams Draped Cardigan for $59.90 (reg. $92)
7. PAIGE Verdugo Skinny Jeans ($124.90 – reg. $189) – BOUGHT IT
I’ve been on the hunt for colored skinny jeans and pulled the trigger on these. I have multiple friends who love the PAIGE brand, but this will be my first pair. If the price tag hurts a little, you can get these Caslon Colored Jeans for $48.90 (reg. $79).
8. Vince Camuto V-Neck Top ($31.90 – reg. $49) – BOUGHT IT
I don’t know anyone who this top isn’t flattering on. It has the right amount of ruching to camouflage any problem areas. I own it in blue and just bought it in black.
9. Chelsea28 Victoriana Tank ($45.90 – reg. $69) – BOUGHT IT
I love this tank. It’s so feminine and the detail at the top. SO pretty. Beautiful on it’s own or under a jacket.
10. Nike Air Max Sneakers ($85.90 – reg. $115) – BOUGHT IT
Black sneaker are IN. Want to embrace the new fashion look (black pants or leggings with sneakers) then shoes like these are a must. You can also pick up these amazing VANS for $42.90 – reg. $64.95.
11. Halogen Kick Flare Knit Ankle Pants ($49.90 – reg. $79)
Cropped and Ankle Pants are IN. The material combination means they are going to be more forgiving that regular dress pants (so think a combination yoga pant and dress pant).
12. Ivanka Trump Octavie Loafer ($89.90 – reg. $149.95)
The oxford loafers are IN. It’s such a great menswear look without being too over the top. Love the idea of wearing these with the cropped pants or dress pants. Perfect little edge for the office. I also love the Louise et Cie Adelise for $89.90 (reg. $139.95)
13. Nordstrom Tear Drop Earrings ($19.90 – reg. $32)
These earrings make a statement without being too over the top. Love how you can see them from far away, yet they are so TASTEFUL. Available in three tones…with a perfect price. I also love these Nadri Crescent Earrings for $39.90 (reg. $60) for the same reason. I have a Nadri necklace and that thing SHINES and it is so dainty.
14. Sam Edelman Pointy Toe Flat ($69.90 – reg. $109.95) – BOUGHT IT
This style comes in to heel lengths, the flat above and a kitten heel. Both are perfect. And the spike detail at the heel and all of the colors. KILLER.
15. Halogen Over The Knee Boots ($109.09 – reg. $198.95)
With a skirt or skinny jeans or leggings, these boots are perfect. PERFECT. And the price is bonkers. These will go fast. And if you want another recommendation, these Vince Camuto Melaya Boots are also gorgeous for $159.90 (reg. $239.95).
16. HUE Ultra WW Leggings ($20.90 – reg. $36)
I know, I know. I say that leggings aren’t pants. But when you are going to wear legging, you want the best ones. These are the BEST. Look at the reviews. BONKERS. PS: These rarely go on sale. I’ve also heard these Vince Camuto Seamed Back Leggings for $31.90 (reg. $49) are more like pants…so even better.
17. Caslon Draped Utility Jacket ($44.90 – reg. $69)
I love that this jacket makes curves. It just lays SO nice. And could be dressed up or down so easily.
18. Pleione High-Low V-Neck Mixed Media Top ($29.09 – reg. $48)
This top is so flattering and forgiving and it comes in every color under the rainbow. Great workhorse that can be worn under jackets for work or with jeans for casual. It also comes in a long-sleeve tunic version for $39.90 (reg. $59)
19. FRYE Melissa Button Boot ($246.90 – reg. $367.95)
My first Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is when I purchased my first pair of FRYE boots. They looked very similar to these. I remember taking them out of the box when I got home and smelling them. The leather. You will NOT BE disappointed with these boots. They are a classic style that will last for decades. Wear them with skinnies, bootcut jeans, dresses, skirts and more.
20. And this doesn’t include everything.
My choices don’t even include the men’s department, kid’s department (getting both of my kids school shoes there) and makeup (bought both of the Bobbi Brown sets).
What You Need To Know For Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale prices make it accessible for bargain shoppers. I get it, some of you may think that Nordstrom is out of your price range and think this sale isn’t for you. Please know this isn’t the case. I buy my kid’s school shoes here every year because they a) last longer (this is no joke…the quality is different, I swear to you. I usually only have to buy one pair of tennis shoes for the year because they last.) and b) the prices are only $10 – $15 more than Kohl’s (even after Kohl’s cash). Think of this sale as where you will purchase quality pieces that will last you several years.
- Not everything at Nordstrom is included in the sale. It’s a curated list. If you visit Nordstrom in-person, anniversary sale items will be separated from the other merchandise by curtained sections. Prices online will reflect the sale price vs the regular price.
- Purchase online and pick-up in-store. Because of Nordstrom generous return policy, you can purchase online, pick-up in-store, try on at home and then return what doesn’t work. Saves time. Avoids the crowds.
- Become a Nordstrom Rewards Member. Embrace their rewards program. Choose from the non-credit card option (one point for every dollar spent; 2,000 points = $20 gift certificate) or credit-card option (Two points for every dollar spent; 2,000 points = $20 certificate; Triple-point events throughout the year; reimbursement for tailoring; early access to Anniversary Sale). I’m a credit card member because of all the perks listed. It really does add up.
- Shop Early. The most popular styles sell out or have limited sizes. However, I’ve had luck with checking back later in the sale (especially toward the end) because items get restocked or returned.
- Think you are going to spend a few hundred dollars? Make an appointment. Every year, I make an appointment with my favorite sales person. I meet them at a pre-determined spot with my list in hand…they take me around the store and make sure I’m waited on and then I pay once. The best part? The service is FREE. It makes shopping in-store a breeze.
(PS: And I plan on doing a Facebook Live broadcast on my Adore Your Wardrobe Facebook Page on July 14th. I’ll share some of my favorite finds, plus give you a run down on some additional tips and tricks. If you haven’t liked the FB page, make sure you do and you can watch me live or get the recap in your feed.)