(Yes, I was one of the seven Americans who did not own a bread machine…but I digress.)
What made me decide to buy a bread machine?
This recipe from my friend, Nicole.
She posted a picture of this amazing bread with the ingredients on her Facebook page. Once I read the ingredients, I knew I had to make it.
The ingredients are so simple. I can pronounce them. And there is something so satisfying about making homemade bread.
If it did start in a bread machine.
It is without a doubt…the best honey wheat bread I have ever had. It has a shelf-life of a week when protected (ie..stored in a plastic or paper bag), is soft, flavorful, and uber healthy.
It makes two loaves. So you can either eat it all up in one week or freeze one for a later date. And goes especially well with ham and cheese.
Honey Wheat Sandwich Bread for a Bread Machine
1 3/4 cup warm water (between 110 – 115 degrees)
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups white bread flour
2 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
1. Add contents per your bread machine’s manufacturer directions. (Example, wet, dry, yeast.)
2. Turn to dough setting for 1 1/2 hours.
3. Grease two 9-inch loaf pans with cooking spray or vegetable shortening.
3. Once dough cycle is completed, turn dough out on lightly floured surface with oiled hands.
5. Knead slightly and form into to two loaves.
6. Place in prepared loaf pans, cover with cotton towel, and let rise in warm area for 30 minutes or until double in size.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Place in preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Cool in wire rack.
10. IMPORTANT: Let bread completely cool before slicing and eating to ensure the softest bread.
Check out more recipes from Kelly’s Kitchen.