(This contest is closed.)
Recently I was given the opportunity to participate in a challenge hosted by The Motherhood and Kellogg’s™ Rice Krispies™ to work with a team of Kansas City bloggers to come up with a unique Rice Krispies™ recipe and theme for the holidays.
Not only do I get to work with these Kansas-City-Is-The-Best Bloggers, but we are in competition with three other blogger teams from across the United States for the best Rice Krispies™ Easter Recipe. (More on that in a minute – cause you are all going to help me because I want to WIN.)
Our first challenge was Easter.
And while we could have reinvented the Easter Egg, we just embraced it. Cause really – it is all about the egg and what is inside of the egg.
And my friends, what is inside of the egg is SO important.
Because it is a Kettle Korn Rice Krispies™ treat.
(Take a minute – I know that I needed one – when Kristen told me what amazing thing she had made.)
For all you popcorn-salty-sweet-crunchy-gonna-eat-it-all-get-your-own-blank-bag people of the world, this treat is for you.
And it is a blast to make with the kiddos because all of the “hard” work can be done in advance and the kiddos can have fun “stuffing” the eggs and coloring the “eggs” to their little heart’s desires.
And with these eggs, you won’t have to worry about eating egg salad sandwiches for the next few weeks. I’m guessing they will ALL be gone right after lunch.
And if you are feeling REALLY creative – they make an adorable place card holder for the Easter table – just sayin’.
Kettle Krispies Treat Eggs
6 tablespoons butter
6 cups of Rice Krispies
3 teaspoons Kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar For Treats
1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons butter
5 cups mini marshmallows
Extra butter for greasing egg molds
- Melt butter in an iron skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Increase temp to medium high and add Rice Krispies, Kosher salt, and sugar.
- Stir continuously over medium high heat until Rice Krispies are caramelized and slightly brown. Around 7 minutes. (see below – notice someone’s nicely manicured hands.)
- Remove from stove and continue stirring for another three minutes until cool. Set aside.
- While Kettle Krispies are cooling, butter the inside of 12 large plastic eggs. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat.
- After mix is well blended, continue to stir and cook for two minutes longer.
- Add Kettle Krispies and stir till well coated. Remove from heat.
- Fill buttered egg molds with mixture and let them set for 10 minutes. Remove from molds and decorate if desired.
To see all the entries, watch the Rice Krispies™ Making Memories Circle this week on TheMotherhood.com.
Now the important part: How you can win and how I can win – cause really it is all about us.
Here are the important dates:
Next week Rice Krispies™ will post all four entries on their Facebook Fan Page. Your vote make a HUGE difference in the final tally. And believe me – I’ll be reminding you to vote – don’t worry. (So you could go ahead and like it now.)
April 10th – I’ll announce the winner of the $100 VISA Gift Card.
April 15th – Our team #kcmommies is participating as hosts of a fun chat at The Motherhood. Stop by – you never know what I will say.
April 21st – Rice Krispies® will announce the winner of the challenge on The Motherhood circle.
THE MOTHERHOOD MAKING MEMORIES KELLOGG’S TM RICE KRISPIES TM BLOGGER GIVEAWAY
HOW TO ENTER THE $100 VISA CARD GIVEAWAY – Each Comment Is A Separate Entry:
1. Leave a comment about your favorite Easter Candy. (For example, Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs or Jelly Belly JellyBeans.)
2. Become in “Like” with Kansas City Mamas on Facebook. Once you are in “Like” or if you are already in “Like”, leave another comment.
3. Subscribe to Kansas City Mamas via RSS or email. Once you subscribe or if you already subscribe, leave another comment.
4. Tweet this on Twitter: “Kettle Krispie Eggs Rock! See the #RiceKrispies recipe and enter the @KCMamaKelly $100 Giveaway. http://www.redefinedmom.com/?p=9931 Go #KCMommies!”
Once you have tweeted, leave another comment.
I am working on this project in conjunction with The Motherhood and Rice Krispies®. I have been compensated for materials and stand to win a PRIZE should our team win out over the competition. Giveaway will end at end-of-day on April 10, 2011. Winner will have 48 hours to respond via email or another winner will be chosen. Good Luck.
Abbreviated Rules. No Purchase Necessary. Begins no earlier than 12:00:00 AM (ET) on 03/28/11 and ends no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 04/12/11. For complete Official Rules, go to http://web.mediacdt.com/docs/EasterGiveawayRules.pdf. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to complete Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: The Motherhood; www.TheMotherhood.com. ®, TM, ©2011 Kellogg NA Co.