Anyone else not know what this word means? (And for the record, I had to look up the EXACT definition.) In a nutshell, it means stuff rolled up.
Yep, your favorite chicken wrap is a roulade. Feel fancy now?
This is Southwest Bacon Roulade recipe is a simple, but beyond YUMMY, CROWD PLEASING, KIDS ASKING TO HAVE IT AGAIN wrap.
The ingredients are basic, tried and true favorites. And don’t let the idea of an egg pastry base scare you…it’s super easy to work with. Plus, I love that this recipe could be enjoyed as either dinner or brunch. Add some salsa, a few slices of avocado and hot sauce, and you are set!
Fancy name. Family approved. Could dinner get any easier?
Southwest Bacon Roulade Recipe
Roulade? It’s a word that means wrap. This Southwest Bacon Roulade Recipe isn’t weird, it combines simple ingredients PLUS BACON for a family friendly meal.
Recipe Yields: One Roulade, 6 Servings
3 Green Onions, finely chopped
1 Red Pepper, finely chopped
6 – 7 sprigs of Cilantro Leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon of Dried Oregano Leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon of Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Cumin
1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
1 cup of Milk
1/3 cup of Flour
8 slices of Bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
1 cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 cup of Salsa
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a low rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, with ends extending over the sides of the pan. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl combine the Onions, Red Peppers, Cilantro and spices. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and flour. Pour into the prepared baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes so it is partially set.
5. Sprinkle the Onions, Red Peppers and Spices over the eggs and then the Bacon. Top with cheese.
6. Bake until eggs are fully set and cheese is melted, 5 – 8 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to sit for 5 – 8 minutes.
7. Starting on one side, gently roll, peeling the parchment away as you go.
Remember to starter “tighter” than you think you will need. The wrap tends to get looser as you continue to roll.
8. Slice. Serve hot with salsa.
Looking for more dinner inspiration? Follow my Main Dishes Board on Pinterest for more recipes like this one.
LOVE this recipe? Make sure to check out all of our tried and true recipes in the Redefined Mom Recipe Index.