A few weeks ago, I shared a Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken Recipe that allows you to get your “Asian fix” without having to result to a wok or takeout.
But for some families, the Thai was a little too spicy, so I’m sharing my second favorite “Asian Fix”, this Slow Cooker Beef Teriyaki Lettuce Cups Recipe.
I love this recipe because it’s low-carb (especially when you use the romaine lettuce leaves) and can be specific-diet-friendly (if you make adjustments it could be gluten-free, whole30, etc.), and if you are kids are “anti-green”, you can substitute rice or noodles for the romaine lettuce.
And let’s not forget that it is made entirely in the SLOW COOKER. Make it in the morning, program your slow cooker and finish when you get home from work. “Asian fix” is solved.
Slow Cooker Beef Teriyaki Lettuce Cups Recipe
This Slow Cooker Beef Teriyaki Lettuce Cups Recipe is low-carb and can easily be adjusted for special diets. Even better, it’s made in the slow cooker!! Get your Asian Food Fix with limited time of effort!!
Recipe Yields: 4-5 Servings
2 pounds of Beef Boneless Eye of Round Roast
1 Small Onion, diced
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/3 cup of Rice Wine Vinegar
1 inch knob of Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
1/3 cup of Water
2 heaping tablespoons of Cornstarch
4 Green Onions, chopped
Sesame Seeds, optional for garnish
10-12 Lettuce Cups (Romaine or Bibb works best)
1. In a medium bowl combine onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and ginger; whisk well to combine.
2. Cut beef roast in half lengthwise, so the thickness is half what it is to begin with (this will help it cook faster). Place into bowl of slow cooker and pour sauce mixture over the top.
3. Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours, or low for 8-9 hours. (This is my slow cooker of choice.)
4. Remove beef from slow cooker and place on a large cutting board.
5. In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch; pour into sauce mixture in slow cooker, whisk to combine. Turn heat setting to high, cover, and cook for 20-30 minutes (sauce will thicken).
6. In the meantime, shred beef using 2 forks. Once sauce has thickened, add beef back slow cooker, turn off heat, and stir to coat in sauce.
7. Serve with green onions and sesame seeds as garnish, alongside the lettuce cups.
Like this recipe? Make sure to follow our Slow Cooker Recipe Board on Pinterest where we share recipes like this everyday.
LOVE this recipe? Make sure to check out all of our tried and true recipes in the Redefined Mom Recipe Index.