Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by COVERGIRL. However, opinions and ideas expressed in this post are my own.
Over 40? Going to a holiday party? Then you need this Over 40 Holiday Party Makeup Tutorial.
Because let’s be honest … if you are like me, our “normal” makeup look is a bit of concealer, eyeliner/mascara and then some lip gloss. Definitely not what someone would call “festive”.
But we want to be festive…Or at minimum, we want to be able to get the “darn-smokey-eye-look” or “deep-red lip-thing” down so we look current.
But buying and applying holiday party makeup when you are over 40 is hard.
I have a whole host of “issues” that I didn’t have in my 20s. I have wrinkles. I have skin discoloration. And my friends, I love them, but they have perpetual dark-circles or redness or age spots.
And so it becomes this delicate balance … wanting to step up my makeup game while not putting on too much product on my face. (Because regardless what anyone says … more makeup is a not a plan.)
That is why this over 40 holiday party makeup tutorial video tutorial is perfect … it is so relatable. My desire to have “current, special occasion makeup” with the “I have no idea what I’m doing” feeling”. She breaks it out so easy…anyone could replicate.
Top Takeaways From Over 40 Holiday Party Makeup Tutorial
1. Primer. It helps your makeup go on smooth and preps the skin. Just think of it like shapewear for the face. A nice, thin, clear layer that helps minimize “faults”. The COVERGIRL + Olay Simply Ageless Anti-Aging Foundation Primer is a great choice.
2. Multi-Tasking. The COVERGIRL + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation is the QUEEN of multi-tasking. I love that it does three things at once: Firms, minimizes appearance of wrinkles and improves skin tone. Kind of like drinking coffee while getting ready.
3. Smokey Eye 2.0. I learned the hard way that BLACK smokey eye can actually make you look older, not younger. The COVERGIRL TruNaked Eyeshadow pallette allows you to achieve a smokey eye while using softer colors. Deep plums, rich browns and deep olives allow the contrast needed for a smokey eye, without the harsh colors.
4. Take a selfie. The mirror, well she is a LIAR. If I want to know how I really look to my friends and family, I take a selfie. They are a great way to judge not only your makeup (and it’s intensity), but your outfit as well.
5. When in doubt, add a little bronzer. I’ve been wearing bronzer for almost 10 years and it is my go-to makeup item. Want to be a little tanner? Add bronzer. More contouring? Add bronzer. A little sparkle? Add bronzer.
6. Don’t forget to smile. In the end, if you are having a good time at the holiday party, everyone else will too.
Are we ready to be brave, ladies? Let’s grab some primer, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, and our best shapewear and get HOLIDAY READY. What rituals do you have when you put on your party makeup? Cup of coffee, glass of wine, 80s tunes on the radio?
For more information about COVERGIRL (and all of their amazing products – seriously, when did they get all of these amazing products), check them out here.
Disclosure: I’m THRILLED to be partnering with COVERGIRL in a sponsored capacity on this post. With that being said, the written remarks and opinions, along with my bad smokey eye experience are entirely my own. Want more information – check out my full disclosure statement.
This post has been sponsored by COVERGIRL. The opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Barbara Brewer says
How about over 60? That’s not the same as Over 40, and there is precious little advice for us pushing 70 and over, but still vital and active career and fun loving women. Please don’t ignore us. the world seems to want to.