It’s the most WONDERFUL TIME of the year!
Yep, it’s the day on the calendar that Kelly has marked in perfect pink Sharpie – the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
(As a side note, the second day I mark? Nordstrom Online Thanksgiving Day sale. Oh, my.)
The reason? Well, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale allows customers to purchase new fall merchandise at DEEPLY DISCOUNTED prices. It’s the perfect way to buy for FALL before the season starts and not after.
This year access will begin on July 13th (for cardholders) and July 21st (for non-cardholders) through August 6th.
I shop this sale EVERY year without fail. I get great deals on shoes for the kiddos for school, bonus buys on makeup, and usually a few new clothing items. But I realize a few of you are new to the Nordies sale, so I wanted to give you a quick rundown.
Here is what you need to know for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (plus a few secret tips of my own).
What You Need To Know For Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale prices make it accessible for bargain shoppers. I get it, some of you may think that Nordstrom is out of your price range and think this sale isn’t for you. Please know this isn’t the case. I buy my kid’s school shoes here every year because they a) last longer (this is no joke…the quality is different, I swear to you. I usually only have to buy one pair of tennis shoes for the year because they last.) and b) the prices are only $10 – $15 more than Kohl’s (even after Kohl’s cash). Think of this sale as where you will purchase quality pieces that will last you several years.
- Not everything at Nordstrom is included in the sale. It’s a curated list. If you visit Nordstrom in-person, anniversary sale items will be separated from the other merchandise by curtained sections. Prices online will reflect the sale price vs the regular price. Take a look at their “look book” for a better idea of items include in the sale.
- Purchase online and pick-up in-store. Because of Nordstrom generous return policy, you can purchase online, pick-up in-store, try on at home and then return what doesn’t work. Saves time. Avoids the crowds.
- Become a Nordstrom Rewards Member. Embrace their rewards program. Choose from the non-credit card option (one point for every dollar spent; 2,000 points = $20 gift certificate) or credit-card option (Two points for every dollar spent; 2,000 points = $20 certificate; Triple-point events throughout the year; reimbursement for tailoring; early access to Anniversary Sale). I’m a credit card member because of all the perks listed. It really does add up. Plus, by signing up for the Rewards Program now, you’ll receive a $10 gift certificate to spend during the sale for FREE.
- Shop Early. The most popular styles sell out or have limited sizes. However, I’ve had luck with checking back later in the sale (especially toward the end) because items get restocked or returned.
- Think you are going to spend a few hundred dollars? Make an appointment. Every year, I make an appointment with my favorite sales person. I meet them at a pre-determined spot with my list in hand…they take me around the store and make sure I’m waited on and then I pay once. The best part? The service is FREE. It makes shopping in-store a breeze.
- Come back here on July 13th where I will share with you my favorite finds. Every year I do a rundown on some of my favorite finds of the sale and this year will be no exception. PLUS, I have something fun in-store for you on the 14th that you won’t want to miss.
On my list this year? FRYE Hobo Bag, Halogen Ribbed Cardigan, Trouve Leopard Print Blazer, and Dolce Vita Studded Sandal. (Oh, yeah. And some shoes for my kids.)
Will I get all of it? No. But I’ve been saving my Christmas and Birthday money and plan on having a great time.
(PS: And I plan on doing a Facebook Live broadcast on my sister site – Adore Your Wardrobe Facebook Page on July 13th. I’ll share some of my favorite finds, plus give you a run down on some additional tips and tricks. If you haven’t liked the FB page, make sure you do and you can watch me live or get the recap in your feed.)