I was a little sad a few months ago.
My beloved Costco took away one of my favorite items from the food court…so I knew I had to crack the code and create a Homemade Costco Chicken Bake Recipe. (Because goodness knows I couldn’t boycott them, there are some the Best Deals at Costco.)
This Costco Chicken Bake Recipe is super easy. It will create (2) “loaves”. My family of four was full after eating one loaf with some sides of veggies and fruit for dinner. So, you can either freeze the second loaf for another meal (freeze before you bake it) or bake it up and have as leftovers (it’s really good cold). And finally, if you want to, you can make the filling in advance and complete to recipe for a quick weeknight meal.
This recipe is a little detailed. I think you can make it as simple as you want, by taking out the extra steps. However, if you really want to get the true Costco Chicken Bake Recipe profile, take the extra few minutes…you’ll be glad you did.
(And my recipe has onions, because I like them. Some will say that the original Costco Chicken Bake Recipe didn’t have them…but no one knows for sure.)
Homemade Imitation Costco Chicken Bake Recipe
1 Pillsbury Pizza Dough
10 oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Grilled and Chopped
10 strips of bacon
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of chopped green onion (around 6 stems)
6 tablespoons of high quality Caesar Salad Dressing, divided
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fry bacon in medium pan until about 3/4 done. (You want it to be a little brown, but not crispy.) Set aside on paper towels. Drain grease, but do not wipe out pan. You want a little of bacon grease and drippings left in pan.
3. Add chopped onion and saute over medium heat until almost translucent, around three minutes. While onion is cooking, chop the 3/4 cooked bacon. Add bacon to onions and cook for another two minutes. Add chopped chicken, turn heat to low and cover for five minutes.
4. While bacon/onion/chicken mixture is cooking, place chopped green onion in medium bowl. Add bacon/onion/chicken mixture, 2 tablespoon Caesar salad dressing stir gently and cover. Set aside.
5. Open pizza dough. Cut in half. On a floured surface, take first piece and roll it out into a 7×5″ rectangle. Spread Caesar salad dressing on to dough (but leave enough dressing for brushing on to loaf before baking). Spread bacon/onion/chicken mixture and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with other pizza dough half.
6. Pull the short end (the 5″ one) over the ingredients and roll tightly. Do not fold the ends as the bake will continue rising in the oven. Finished bake should be around 10″ long.
7. Brush on remaining Caesar dressing to top of bake and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Move to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 13 minutes.
8. After 13 minutes, open oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese over loafs. Bake for an additional 12 minutes.
9. Take out of oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes. Slice and enjoy.
Make sure to check out all of my recipes in Kelly’s Kitchen.