Readers often ask me to publish my personal price book.
And I always have the same answer…
I don’t say “no” to be mean or to “hoard” my information. I say “no” for a couple of reasons.
First, my personal price book will look very different than your personal price book. (Betting CLIF bars aren’t on everyone’s top ten “burn-through” items – they are on mine.)
Second, my stockpile is full. I can wait for laundry detergent to be $1.35 for a 32 load bottle because I have 12 other bottles in my stockpile. (Total truth.)
But, there are several items that come up regularly for FREE. And I thought it would be helpful if I highlighted the top 10, as well as give you an idea of where I get them for FREE.
One caveat, items are FREE in the time frames I discuss, as long as you are not brand specific. If you are brand specific, you can still get them for free, just not as often.
1. Toothpaste. You can pick these up every four to five weeks at either CVS or Walgreens.
2. Men’s Razors. You can pick these up every four to six weeks at either CVS or Walgreens. Also, about once a quarter Target has razors for free too.
3. Body Wash. Every four weeks either Target, CVS, or Walgreens will have body wash for free.
4. Contact Lens Solution. Every quarter CVS or Walgreens will have contact lens solution for free after ECB or RR.
5. Mustard. About twice a year Hen House will have French’s mustard for free after coupon.
6. BBQ Sauce. All of our grocery stores will have free barbecue sauce between once a month and every week during the summer. (Seriously, I think KC Masterpiece was FREE about every week this summer.)
7. Candy Bars. Once a quarter candy bars will be free at CVS or Walgreens.
8. Dawn Dish Soap. With the $1/1 coupon from the Home Made Simple Coupon book – I’ve never paid for Dawn Dish Soap in over a year.
9. Bic Pens. These are always free at back-to-school time. I think I still have six or seven packages in my desk drawer.
10. Deodorant. You can get men’s and women’s deodorant for free at either CVS or Walgreens about once per quarter. If you are brand loyal, you’ll still be able to get it for free – it just may be once or twice per year.
PS: Most of the items at CVS or Walgreens are FREE after coupon and ECB or RR. In some cases, they are just free after a coupon and a sale.
What about you? Did I miss something? What is on your “I Won’t Pay For EVER” list? Leave a comment and let us know.