Let’s face it, we mom’s have super busy lives.
Here’s just a few of the things we manage on a weekly basis:
- We work either outside or at-home in a full or part-time capacity.
- Our children are in at least one activity, but can be in up to four activities per month.
- We are the primary shoppers/planners. The majority of the time, it is our responsibility to determine meal plans, buy the food, and prepare the meals.
- And we are the primary caregivers. It is our responsibility to diagnose potential ailments, make doctor’s appointments, and take our kiddos to the doctor.
And sometimes, that last bullet point, can throw a LARGE wrench into an otherwise well-oiled machine. Sitting in a doctor’s office waiting room for over an hour to have your son diagnosed with pink eye (when you already know what it is), so you can get a prescription, can derail your entire day.
Amwell Review | Online Live Doctor’s Office Visits
Amwell is the nation’s largest telehealth company, connecting families with doctors for immediate, live online visits from the comfort of your home.
Through the use of either your mobile device or desktop computer, you can have a “virtual doctor’s visit” with a live Amwell doctor 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week. Some general conditions Amwell doctors encounter include: minor illnesses and injuries, general health and wellness concerns, prescription refills, and chronic condition management.
I was excited to give an Amwell Review for the following reasons:
1. It’s time effective. There are many times that I already know what is wrong before I step foot in a doctor’s office. It’s nice to not have to spend time waiting in a doctor’s office or going to urgent care because someone is sick outside of business hours.
2. It’s cost effective. Our family is self-employed and so our insurance doesn’t cover office visits. Amwell charges $49 or less for doctors visits (depending on insurance); $25 for a 30-minute dietitian visit; and between $79 – $95 for a 45-minute therapist or psychologist visit. That’s over $100 less than our primary doctor.
And right now, you can use the coupon code MOMSQUAD at checkout and receive your first Amwell Doctor’s Visit for FREE. (Seriously, how cool is that? When is the last time anything from a doctor was FREE?)
I made a quick video of my experience with Amwell…you can watch how I logged in, my time with the doctor and my overall experience and diagnoses. It was a pretty cool experience.
I understand and respect that an online doctor’s service is not a replacement for seeing your primary physician. But there is a time and a place, when having a service like Amwell, allows “busy moms like us” to get our kiddos diagnosed, a prescription filled and our lives back on track.
So what do you think? Will you give a online doctor a try?
Disclosure: MomTrends provided compensation for me to try out and review Amwell. The written remarks and opinions, however are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions of Momtrends. Want more information – check out my full disclosure statement.