Did you try to order online yesterday during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
Yeah, me too. And it was a HOT MESS. (Like I have several orders that went through twice and one order that took over four hours to process.) For those of us who shop at Nordstrom often…we wondered WTH was going on because their customer service is normally SUPERIOR.
BUT, when I woke up this morning, I realized that everything was right in the world because Nordstrom decided to hold 10x point days yesterday and today to make up for the WTH customer service. Yep, if you made purchases the 12 or 13 or make new purchases today, the 14th, you’ll receive 10x points.
From a math perspective, that means you’ll receive a $20 Nordstrom note for every $200 purchase you make. That’s like an extra 10% off already reduced prices. It truly is like Christmas in July.
But, yesterday when I got frustrated but not being able to order I actually went IN-STORE and hung out with my favorite Nordstrom Manager and she went through some of her “hidden gems” with me in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale …these are items that so cute in-person (vs online) or are DEEPLY discounted.
I’ve coupled those Nordstrom Annivesary Sale Hidden Gems with my favorite items from the sale to create a master list that will help you make the most out of these 10x Bonus Days.
(PS: And if you missed it, you can watch me do a Facebook Live on my tips and tricks to getting the most out of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.)
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Hidden Gems
1. Halogen Long Ribbed Cardigan, Regular & Petite ($59.90 – reg. $89.00)
This sweater is amazing because of the beautiful lines that it creates. Normally, we see long dusters like this with hip pockets (which I personally hate because they add visual weight and take away from a women’s silhouette) and this is one has NO hip pockets. Plus, the fact it comes in regular and petite sizes means my tall and short friends can take advantage of this great buy.
2. lulu dk Love Letter Spinning Initial Necklace ($44.90 – reg. $68.00)
The reason this pendant makes the list is because it is a carbon copy of the SUPER EXPENSIVE Kate Spade pendant for a fraction of the price. Plus, I love having something “statement” like this that is specific to you. AND, if I’m honest, this will make a perfect gift for nieces, granddaughters, or daughters for Christmas.
3. Sam Edelman Rafaella Pointy Toe Ballet Flat ($99.90 – reg. $149.95)
I will admit to NOT LIKING THESE AT ALL on the computer screen. I kept thinking they looked like old-lady-shoes. But, guys…holy cow…are these beautiful in person. The embellishments are just the right amount and the pink isn’t so “bright” as the picture on the screen. PERFECT shoe when you want to take it up a notch, but don’t want to get “all dressed up”. Plus, Sam Edelman shoes are UBER comfortable.
4. Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Lite Coastal Hooded Cardigan, Regular & Plus ($75.90 – reg. $114.00)
So, last year, was the first year that I got to touch, feel, and experience the amazing-sauceness that is Barefoot Dreams. It is by far and away the thickest, soft, comfortable sweater in the whole world. And, let’s be honest. We all need to up our loungewear a bit. The grubby sweats and sweatshirt ain’t sexy to NO ONE. Also, another great gift for sisters, mothers, friends, or daughters.
5. Wit & Wisdom Ab-Solution Split Hem Release Jeans, Regular & Plus & Petite ($44.90 – reg. $68.00)
I’m SO SICK of the skinny jean look. I’m also SO SICK of cropped pants that are really capris. BUT, I really, really like the look of TRUE cropped pants and the split hem. ENTER…these amazing jeans from Wit & Wisdom. They feel and wear like yoga pants, are bootcut, and have the trendy split seam. And did you see the price? SOLD.
6. BORN Felicia Knee High Boot, Regular & Wide-Calf ($155.90 – reg. $239.95)
I know, I know … the only leather boots you should get is FRYE. I understand. I own several pairs of FRYE boots. However, I have to tell you that these boots are a BEST BUY for comfort, style and price. They are 100% leather, classic styling, and BORN comfortable. (Have you tried on BORN shoes? They are UBER comfortable.) And the best part? They are almost a $100 less than their FRYE Melissa Counterpart.
7. Caslon Twill Peplum Jacket, Regular & Petite ($49.90 – reg. $75.00)
I run another website called Adore Your Wardrobe where I help women demystify fashion and find clothes that will work their bodies and not against them. I’ve seen this jacket, in person, on SEVERAL different body shapes and it looks amazing. Between the waist detail and the cropped nature of the jacket, it provides the right amount of flare without extra visual weight.
8. Caslon Knit Blazer, Regular & Petite & Plus ($39.90 – reg. $59.00)
This is another favorite from my students in Adore Your Wardrobe. It’s a great blazer that looks good on about all body shapes, comes in a ton of colors, and has a great price point. Throw it on with t-shirt and jeans for #levelup casual look or pair it with a blouse and dress pants for business. Guaranteed to get your money out of it.
9. Vince Camuto Ankia Suede Pump ($79.90 – reg. $119.95)
These pumps are HAWT. The pointed toe coupled with the elongated shaft make this a trendy, yet classic look that will TOTALLY elongate your leg. I can’t stress how beautiful I think these shoes are…perfect with jeans, cropped pants, dresses or skirts. Plus, it comes in the beautiful blush color. Swoon.
10. Frye Melissa Whipstitch Leather Hobo ($284.90 – reg. $428.00)
This was my splurge. I’ve wanted a natural leather hobo bag for about 10 years. No joke. I knew I wanted something that was simple, but had a few fun details. When I saw this in the look-book, I knew I had to have it. (On a side note, I know that lots of people are raving about the Rebecca Minkoff Leather Hobo, but I bought a Rebecca Minkoff last year and WAS NOT impressed by the quality or how well it held up to everyday wear.) I know how well my Frye boots have held up over the past decade and I believe my purse will hold up just as well.
So, remember, you 10x points through the end of the day today and that counts on everything you buy … not just Anniversary Sale Items … so stock up on your department store makeup too.
What You Need To Know For Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale prices make it accessible for bargain shoppers. I get it, some of you may think that Nordstrom is out of your price range and think this sale isn’t for you. Please know this isn’t the case. I buy my kid’s school shoes here every year because they a) last longer (this is no joke…the quality is different, I swear to you. I usually only have to buy one pair of tennis shoes for the year because they last.) and b) the prices are only $10 – $15 more than Kohl’s (even after Kohl’s cash). Think of this sale as where you will purchase quality pieces that will last you several years.
- Not everything at Nordstrom is included in the sale. It’s a curated list. If you visit Nordstrom in-person, anniversary sale items will be separated from the other merchandise by curtained sections. Prices online will reflect the sale price vs the regular price.
- Purchase online and pick-up in-store. Because of Nordstrom generous return policy, you can purchase online, pick-up in-store, try on at home and then return what doesn’t work. Saves time. Avoids the crowds.
- Become a Nordstrom Rewards Member. Embrace their rewards program. Choose from the non-credit card option (one point for every dollar spent; 2,000 points = $20 gift certificate) or credit-card option (Two points for every dollar spent; 2,000 points = $20 certificate; Triple-point events throughout the year; reimbursement for tailoring; early access to Anniversary Sale). I’m a credit card member because of all the perks listed. It really does add up.
- Shop Early. The most popular styles sell out or have limited sizes. However, I’ve had luck with checking back later in the sale (especially toward the end) because items get restocked or returned.
- Think you are going to spend a few hundred dollars? Make an appointment. Every year, I make an appointment with my favorite sales person. I meet them at a pre-determined spot with my list in hand…they take me around the store and make sure I’m waited on and then I pay once. The best part? The service is FREE. It makes shopping in-store a breeze.
Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale now.