I love Chicken Parmesan.
The combination of crispy crunchy coating, mozzarella cheese and sauce is my own food-topia.
Truly, it is a comfort food.
I’ve always wanted to create a recipe that resembles my beloved chicken parmesan, but doesn’t take nearly the time to make.
(Because let’s face it…when you want comfort food, it’s usually because you’ve had a cruddy day. And that usually means, nothing is going your way, including having extra time.)
Answer…this 10-Minute Breaded Mozzarella Stuffed Meatball Recipe.
By using Simek’s Original Meatballs (available at Super Target) and pantry staples, you are able to recreate the cheesy, crunchy yumminess in only a fraction of the time.
And a side note about Simek’s Meatballs…they are the best pre-made meatball I’ve ever had. I’ve tried about every brand under the sun (from Costco, Sam’s, Stouffers, etc.) and each time I found the meatballs to be grainy with some weird aftertaste. Simek’s is the first brand where the meatballs tasted like my homemade meatballs. I it is because they are made in Minneapolis…and midwesterners know meatballs. Simek’s Meatballs are available in Turkey, Original and Italian.
Two things to note about this recipe:
1. You’ll want the meatballs to be 70% or more thawed. You can either do this by placing them in the fridge in the morning when you are making them in the evening OR you can put them in a baking dish and defrost for 6 – 8 minutes or until thawed. Just make sure to not cook them in the microwave.
2. It’s called 10 minutes, because that is all the prep work you’ll need to do. Depending on crispy you like your breading…they will bake for between 20 – 40 minutes.
This recipe is super versatile. So serve with spaghetti sauce and noodles or eat as an appetizer and dip in pizza sauce.
10-Minute Breaded Mozzarella Stuffed Meatball Recipe
By using pantry ingredients, this 10-Minute Breaded Mozzarella Stuffed Meatball Recipe is easy and very versatile. Eat it as a main course or serve as an appetizer – either way it is comfort food in a hurry.
Recipe Yields: 36 Meatballs
1 Bag Simek’s Original Meatballs (for this recipe I used Italian flavor), thawed
3 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, cut up into 36 pieces, between 1/4″ to 1/2″
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
Your preference of sauce (spaghetti, pizza, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a baking rack with non-stick cooking spray and place on top of a cookie sheet with ridges. Set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl, break eggs and beat with a whisk until mixed. Set aside. Place breadcrumbs in a different medium sized bowl, and set aside.
4. Create an assembly line…meatballs, egg, breadcrumbs, and then baking rack.
5. Take one meatball and make a small incision (around 1/2″) with a pairing knife. Take mozzarella cheese piece and insert into meatball.
6. Roll cheese stuffed meatball in egg and then in breadcrumbs, making sure to coat evenly.
Don’t worry if you cheese doesn’t go all the way into the meatball or the meatball breaks slightly. By coating it in egg and breadcrumbs, you’ll create a protective shell that will keep the meatball bound while you bake it.
7. Place on baking rack with cheese side up. Repeat with all meatballs.
8. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes. The longer you bake it, the more crisp the coating will be.
9. Let sit for 3 minutes and then serve hot with your choice of sauce.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on Pinterest where I share easy to make recipes like this everyday.
LOVE this recipe? Make sure to check out all of our tried and true recipes in the Redefined Mom Recipe Index.
Disclosure: This post was written in partnership with Simek’s. However, this post if filled with my words and opinions that are entirely my own (like about meatballs and comfort food). Want more information – check out my full disclosure statement.