The purpose of What’s For Dinner? is to provide you a recipe with items on sale this week, with no more than 10 ingredients (not including pantry items), and coming in at under $10 per meal.
I hate cooking in the summer.
I don’t know if it is the long afternoons at the pool or the thought of cooking when it is 95 degrees outside, but my desire to “cook a meal” hovers around zero.
So I try to do as much batch cooking as possible and graze off the entrees for the rest of the week.
So with red potatoes as part of the Hy-Vee Deals – it seemed a natural fit.
Hot German Roasted Potato Salad
4 cups new red potatoes, quatered and unpeeled
6 slices of bacon
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup green onions
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fry bacon until crisp, drain and crumble.
3. Place potatoes in a baking pan and bake for 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
3. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
4. Combine sour cream, mayo, green onions, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix.
5. Add potatoes and bacon to mixture and toss gently.
6. Serve immediately or store and serve at room temperature.
What about you? What is your favorite summer meal? Share it with us via the comments or on the Kansas City Mamas Facebook Page.
sounds really yummy!! I’m going to have to try this one for sure!
I prefer cold potato salad made with red potatoes, sour cream, a little bit of mayo, dill sprinkled liberally and red onion. So yummy. Our church has a yearly German Christmas festival and we serve this hot potato salad along with the cold sour cream salad. Both are huge faves. I think I might make some this weekend…