Remember those kiosks in the mall that would have “flavored nuts”?
The smell was so good. You could start smelling the “nutty-sugary-spicey” goodness seven stores away.
These nuts are like those…only better because they have a little kick at the end.
This Spiced Maple Pecans Recipe is very easy to make and can be adjusted to your “heat” preferences. As it is written, it is pretty mild, but feel free to double up on the spices to give the pecans the kick you want.
And just like the mall nuts, I dare you to eat just one sample and not want to go back for the whole bowl.
Spiced Maple Pecans Recipe
Remember the kiosks at the mall that sold “flavored nuts”? This Spiced Maple Pecans Recipe is reminiscent of those nuts, but with a kick of “heat” at the end.
Recipe Yields: 4 cups of pecans
1 pound pecan halves (around 4 cups)
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoon sweet paprika
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 cayenne pepper
Note: If you like “spicy” foods, I would double the spices.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes.
3. Combine the corn and maple syrups and pour over nuts and toss well to coat.
4. Place nuts back into the oven and and bake until the nuts have absorbed most of the syrup, about 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
5. While nuts are baking, mix the sugar, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt and cayenne powder. Set aside.
6. Once nuts have absorbed most of the syrup (it will bubble), pour nuts into a large bowl.
7. Toss with a spoon and gradually adding the sugar mixture, until the nuts are coated with the sugar.
8. Cool slightly and break apart any nuts that are sticking together. Pour onto a sheet of wax paper and cool completely.
9. Nuts can be stored for up to a week in a air tight container.
This recipe is part of my 10 Days of Christmas Cookies series. If you liked this recipe, check out past year’s cookie recipes:
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookie Recipe
- Kid-Friendly White Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispy Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Bar Recipe
- Chewy Gingersnap Cookie Recipe
- Peanut Butter Toffee Cookie Recipe
- No Bake Cornflake Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe
- Citrus-Glazed Shortbread Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Cake Cookies Recipe
If you like recipes like these, be sure to follow our Delicious Desserts Board on Pinterest when we share recipes like this everyday.
Follow Kelly @ Redefined Mom’s board Delicious Desserts on Pinterest.
LOVE this recipe? Make sure to check out all of our tried and true recipes in the Redefined Mom Recipe Index.