Last week, I told you during the month of May, I’m going to be upgrading my vacuum to the new Eureka Brushroll Clean Vacuum and I’m taking you along for the ride.
So here is my experience from the minute I opened the box through the first whole house vacuuming.
Review of the Eureka Brushroll Clean Vacuum
Beyond easy. Granted hubs is a remodeling contractor, but even as I looked over the instructions, I realized it would take me less than 15 minutes to put it together. It came in the box very neat and tidy.
After we got it assembled, I wanted to try it out. So I vacuumed our 6′ x 13′ area rug. Granted, we had just vacuumed it two days ago, but I wanted to play with my new toy. This is the amount of dirt and dog hair we got out of it. #gross
And then I was wondering…how bad was the rest of my house.
Whole House Use
So I vacuumed my whole house…every room that had carpet, which was approximately 1100 square feet. Look at how much dust, hair, dirt, and gunk it picked up.
(And believe me when I tell you that I’m a little embarrassed by this photo, but I promised to keep it real.)
Besides picking up an embarrassing amount of gunk, it also did an amazing job of making my carpet look poofy and soft vs trudged down and lifeless. And that is no easy feat considering our carpet is almost 12 years old frieze.
Things I Love
- It’s light. Like super light. I carried the Eureka Brushroll Clean Vacuum up two flights and down two flights of stairs with no issues. With my old vacuum, I would have to call Hubs to carry it because it was too heavy. It’s also very compact, so in addition to being light, it isn’t cumbersome to carry.
- Low front header. This vacuum sits low to the ground, so it is super easy to get underneath chairs, stools, sofas, beds, etc. without moving them.
- The suction. Did you see the picture above? I’m a clean freak. And I thought my carpets were clean. And I was dead wrong. The Eureka Brushroll Clean has powerful suction and delivers superior cleaning results. #nuffsaid
- Ease of dumping the canister. My old vacuum used the “old school” bags which were a bear to find in-store (we ended buying them on Amazon) and were a pain the booty to change. With the Eureka Brushroll Clean Vacuum, it’s done in four steps. Unclick, pull out filter, dump, put filter back on, reclick. Under a minute from start to finish.
Points of Contention
Like anything, there were a few things about my new vacuum that I didn’t love.
- The automatic power cord reel. We have a fairly large main floor and I dislike having the “pull” the cord out of the reel all.the.way each time I want to use it or if I misjudge how much cord I need and the reel doesn’t want to give me more. However, I do like the one-touch push button that makes the cord gets reeled up automatically. So it is a bit of a wash.
- Limited wheel movement. With my old Eureka (aka THE BOSS), it was much easier to turn the vacuum. With the Eureka Brushroll Clean, it feels more like I’m dragging it. Granted THE BOSS weighed a metric ton, so it needed good wheels because there was no way I could drag it and the Eureka is super light, so it’s easy. I just wished the wheels turned better.
- The canister to suction ratio. I realize that if I wasn’t trying to do a review and take a picture that I would have never let the canister get this full (see above), however as the canister got more and more full, the suction, started to suffer. It’s an easy problem to remedy, just clean it more often. But it is something to remember.
Overall Review of the Eureka Brushroll Clean Vacuum
The Eureka Brushroll Clean Vacuum is a super deal for $198 (it’s sold at Walmart). And even though I’m reviewing it, I can say with 100% certainty that I would have been thrilled with the results had I purchased the vacuum outright. Now I’m just waiting to use it a few more times so I can try out that self-cleaning brushroll.
And as I mentioned before, each week I’m giving away a new Eureka Brushroll Clean Vacuum each week during the month of May.
I want to make you aware of an opportunity next week. On May 20th at 2:00 CST there will be a 30 min Facebook chat with Consumer Queen & Redefined Mom on Eureka’s Facebook Page. Prizes include a Eureka BrushRoll Clean Vacuum, Walmart Gift Cards, plus other goodies. Plus, if you arrive to the party 10 mins early and you could be entered to win a $50 Walmart Gift Card.
But this week, well, it is a combination. My friend, Melissa, from Consumer Queen is also doing a review and giveaway of the Eureka Brushroll Clean Vacuum. And since we are combining, you have double the chances of winning. Just follow the directions below.
If you are reading this post in a feed reader, this is a Gleam Giveaway and will require you to go to the website to enter. Giveaway open till end of day May 17th and only to residents of the continuous 48-states.
Disclosure: Eureka is a proud sponsor and partner of Redefined Mom and provided the giveaway prize. However, my gross old vacuum and the written remarks are entirely my own. Want more information – check out my full disclosure statement.