So, I poured my heart out yesterday on the blog and explained Why I Quit Couponing and a couple of the changes that will start Monday on the blog.
I get that change is scary, because one of my biggest fears is CHANGE.
I’ve been married to the same man for almost 20 years. I’ve lived in the same house for 14 years. I drink my coffee out of the same puppy cup every morning (I got the cup in England almost 20 years ago).
But, it is time to face my fear, put on my big girl panties, and some changes.
Big Girl Panty Changes
- More honest and original articles. I LOVED writing in middle and high school. Then I took a college writing class and the jack-ass professor told me I “had no business writing because I had no original voice.” So, I quit. It has taken me almost 20-years to realize I do have a voice and it needs to be heard because there are so few 40-year old smart asses writing on the internet.
- More recipes. And recipes with ingredients you can pronounce and aren’t 2,000 calories per serving. I love Pinterest as much as the next person, but is it any wonder we have an obesity epidemic when you look at the feed. There really is no reason for a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Chocolate Dip Flash Fried Dessert. Unless you are at the Minnesota State Fair…and then well, all bets are off. (And just so y’all know, I test everyone of my recipes at least three times before I post it on the blog. I despise bloggers who post crap recipes.)
- More DIY projects that anyone can do and are useful. I’m not a patient crafter. Anything that can not be done in one or two nights drives me insane. BUT, I love a good DIY project like homemade eye cream or homemade makeup eye remover pads that is not only useful, but FAST.
- More fashion and makeup posts that feature me. You have asked and asked, so I’m doing it. This is probably the BIGGEST BIG GIRL PANTY CHANGE because I’m super self-conscious to be in front of the camera. (MODEL was never on my resume, y’all.) But, you want it so I’m going to do it.
Stuff That Will Stay The Same
- You will continue to see online deals for grocery, beauty, clothing, home decor, etc. I shop online. A lot. It’s my preferred way to shop, so I will continue to bring you the best deals of the day. These deals are all things I would buy myself (if I could afford it or I was looking for that item). My filter….a) is it nearly the best price I’ve ever seen and b) is the item of good quality. I don’t post if it is overpriced or crap. Promise.
- Me. I’m not going anywhere. I love this blog. I love my readers. I love connecting with you.
My guess is that if you are reading this article, you decides to not hit the “unsubscribe” button or take me out of your favorites in your browser’s menubar…and for that I’m thankful.
As I said yesterday, this site is about redefining who “you” are. And that is the great thing about redefining…it changes all the time. I want to provide you articles and information that help better your life, for the long term.
I’m also thankful for the internet so that I, a 40-year old women, has the freedom to let her voice be heard. I’m not the youngest, prettiest, smartest, or the funniest, but at this age, I’m glad I’m not.
My wrinkles, stretch marks, saggy boobs, love handles, and piercings, have been earned. Earned through failures, success, mistakes and well-executed plans.
Sometimes you get the right nudge at the right time to remind you that you are on the right path. Viola Davis’s acceptance speech at the SAG awards was my lightning rod this week…
So, to all my sexualized, messy, mysterious women out there, let’s keep redefining who we are, so the mainstream doesn’t do it for us.
See past editions of I LOVE These Things.