It’s the last full week of September, peeps! Where in the world did the month go?
For the Snyder Clan, it seemed like a whirlwind of school starting, fall sports, field trips, and business travel. And while I’m ready for Fall (hello, 70 degree temps and cool breezes), I’m not sure about being ready for Fall’s Big Brother, WINTER to show up anytime soon. (Cause that goon shows up unannouced every year…)
But here is a look at some of my favorite things, this I love, and general ramblings from last week.
1. My daughter. Yesterday, this little piece of my heart turned nine years old.
Truth be told, I never thought I would have a girl. My husband’s family comes from a LONG LINE of all boys, so when I was pregnant with her, I was convinced the baby in my belly would be a boy.
(Her older brother was a testimony of the SNYDER BOYS ONLY CLUB.)
Like it was yesterday, I remember the surprise and joy I felt when I delivered and found out I had a GIRL. I think my heart was close to exploding. She is my artist, my musician, my sweetheart, my snuggler, and my sassy-pants.
Today, as you are reading this post, we are doing a GO-UNTIL-WE-CANT-GO-ANYMORE day at Worlds at Fun with her friend. I guarantee it will be filled with lots of screams, laughter, and silliness. And I wouldn’t want it any other way.
2. Xhilaration® Short-Sleeved Lace Top. Because of said birthday, I spent a fair amount of time at Target this week. And in the middle of finding my girl her gifts, I saw this Xhilaration® Short-Sleeved Lace Top and KNEW it had to be mine.
The pictures on the Target website do not do it justice. It’s BEAUTIFUL and WELL MADE. I paired it with a white tank top, turquoise accessories, jeans and cowboy boots. I received compliment after compliment the first day I wore it. Plus, it’s only $22.99! (And they also have a long sleeve version.)
(My inspiration was this outfit on Pinterest.)
3. ThredUp. I received my first delivery from ThredUp this week. If you remember, two weeks ago they had a 40% off your entire purchase for new members which basically meant getting department store brand jeans for $21.00. I ordered four pairs of Joe’s Jeans and one Elie Tahari sweater and hoped for the best because I knew I could always return what didn’t work out.
The outcome? Three of the four pairs of jeans are going back to ThredUp (returns are FREE), but one pair of the Joe’s Jeans and the Elie Tahari Sweater are staying with me! I paid less than $38.00 TOTAL both of those items, see above, (so like $19 each) which is like saving 85% off retail.
If you are new to ThredUp, you can sign up now and get $10 off your first purchase, plus they are having a HUGE semi-annual sale where prices are an additional 40% off. It might be worth a look around…my advice is to stick with brands, styles and sizing you know to make sure you have less returns.
And the posts that you loved this week:
- How To Buy And Get Fluffy Towels
- Goodreads: 100 Books You Should Read In A Lifetime
- Best Meatloaf Recipe Created By Man
See past editions of I LOVE These Things.