If you are a homeschool family, you may want your add a few dates to your calendar for a Kansas City Area event.
The Crown Center Entertainment District has united together to give homeschool families the opportunity to take advantage of special workshops and rates to its attractions.
Here is a listing of the attractions and discounts.
- The Coterie – Get one youth ticket FREE with the purchase of a full-price adult ticket to a performance of Red Badge of Variations.
- Hallmark Visitors Center – Homeschool families will receive a Hallmark recordable artwork canvas art kit.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City – Homeschool families will receive a discounted rate of $7.50 (ages 3-12) or $8.50 (ages 12-18) per student and $10 per adult. Educational workshops are available on a first-come, first-serve basis daily.
- Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City – Students can learn about the economy through interactive exhibits that explore banking and payments. Guests will receive a free bag of shredded currency.
- National World War I Museum – Homeschool students will receive a discounted rate of $3 per ticket that includes a trip to the Liberty Memorial Tower and a complimentary guided tour of the museum beginning at 10:00 a.m. each day.
- SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium – Homeschool families will receive a discounted rate of $7.50 (ages 3-12) or $8.50 (ages 12-18) per student and $10 per adult. Educational workshops are available on a first-come, first-serve basis daily.
- Union Station-Kansas City – All homeschool groups will receive the discounted group rate to all Union Station-Science City attractions, including the Real Pirates Exhibit, Science City, Extreme Screen Theatre and the Gottlieb Planetarium. Free walk-up workshops are included with Science City admission and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The Homeschool Week will take place September 16-20, 2013.