“When are you going to throw that thing out?” This is what I kept hearing from my hubby every time we were in the garage. I had bought an old, fake Moulin Rouge painting years ago at a garage sale . I was hoping to do something with it…eventually. The movie Moulin Rouge is one of may favorites, so I had to have it! Well, several years later, the dusty painting was still taking up space in our garage between the bikes and recycling bin. We decided to have a garage sale this weekend and voila! I knew exactly what to make out of that old French Non-Masterpiece….a DIY Garage Sale Chalkboard Sign!
I had made a batch of red DIY chalkboard paint already for my DIY Chalk & Magnetic Board so I had everything I needed.
What you will need:
- Clean your surface off with a damp cloth.
- Using painters tape, tape off the frame.
- Use one coat of primer. I used leftover gray primer from an old project. Let dry.
- Apply two coats of your chalkboard paint, drying in between coats.
- You are done. Now watch all those people stop at your house ready to buy your junk because you had such a cute sign! Enjoy and good luck!
Becca Wilkinson has a creative “need” and will do anything to avoid laundry. She writes over at Cul-de-sac Cool about design, DIY/crafts, easy eats, family, funny experiences and of course, motherhood. Becca wants to spread happiness, helpful tips, pretty things and funny experiences throughout the land. She is the proud mother of three boys and married to her college sweetheart. In her past life she was a graphic designer. Becca has learned a lot these past years about juggling boys, blogging, family and suburban life.