What did we do before Dry Erase Boards?
Seriously, I use mine all the time. They are awesome for making lists, chores, reminders, communication, calendars and more. But most of the dry erase boards you find in stores are pretty utilitarian. Fine for an office, but leave a little bit to be desired for a kitchen, child’s room, laundry room, or home office.
Luckily you can make a custom decorative DIY dry erase board for less than $20 and a few hours of time.
Directions for Decorative DIY Dry Erase Board
1. Choose a picture frame. This frame can be as big or small you want it. (So feel free to go big or go home.)
2. Customize the picture frame. You can paint it, bedazzle it, glitter it, color it…whatever.
3. Measure “glass” size by flipping frame over and measuring width and height. (Or if you are lucky enough, taking glass out and measuring.)
4. Go to local hardware store and purchasing a piece of shower board in the above dimensions. If you go to a smaller hardware store, they should be able to cut it for you.
5. Adhere shower board to frame with Gorilla Glue or like product.
6. Add a “marker station” by adding a kitchen pull or ledge to board. Put picture hanger on back and hang in it’s new home.
I can’t wait to add this one to my laundry room!
Where would you put a decorative DIY dry erase board?