Sometimes you just need a RINGER cookie recipe.
- a recipe that is easy
- a recipe that everyone loves
- a recipe that requires only a few ingredients
That’s why our family loves this Chocolate Caramel Cake Cookies Recipe.
It’s a proven winner in our house. It’s easy enough that the kiddos can make it all.by.themselves with little parental supervision. And the cookies are the right combination of crisp, chewy and caramelly-goodness (yes, that is a made up word), that eating two or three doesn’t make you have a tummy-ache later.
These cookies also freeze FABULOUSLY. So make a double batch (one to eat now and one to eat later) in confidence and have dessert ready for an upcoming event.
Chocolate Caramel Cake Cookies Recipe
This Chocolate Caramel Cake Cookies Recipe combines the yumminess of chocolate and caramel in to an irresistible cookie. Plus it only has five ingredients and is easy enough that the kiddos can make it ALL BY THEMSELVES.
Recipe Yields: Two Dozen Cookies
1 box of Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1/4 cup of water
3 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
1 bag of Rollo Candies
Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Unwrap Rollo Candies and place in a small bowl
3. Mix together cake mix, water, oil, and egg until a fudge like batter forms.
4. Take a teaspoon of dough using cookie scoop. Flaten out. Place one Rollo candy into the center and fold edges over. Roll softly into a ball (and then roll into nuts if desired) and place on to Nordic Ware Baking Sheets lined with Silicone Baking Mats. Each cookie sheet should have approximately 12 cookies.
A cookie scoop, Nordic Ware Baking Sheets (or other commercial baking sheets) and silicone baking mats, is the secret to making perfectly uniform cookies every time. Same size, same browning, same taste. They are an investment, but worth every penny.
5. Bake for 8 minutes. Do not overbake.
Notes: If the dough gets too sticky, place a little vegetable shortening on your hands. If you are not going to use silicone mats, then lightly grease a regular cookie sheet. And finally, it’s better to have smaller cookie balls. It gives a better cookie to caramel ratio.
3. Cool cookies on a wire rack and enjoy.
Want more of my favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes? Be sure to follow my Christmas Cookie Board on Pinterest.
LOVE this recipe? Make sure to check out all of our tried and true recipes in the Redefined Mom Recipe Index.