I love entertaining.
I’ve had over 100 stress-free parties in the last 15 years.
Make it easy. People love three things at a gathering: food, wine, and conversation.
Have enough wine, lots of good food, and don’t talk about politics – and you have a better than average chance of having a great party.
So when I was asked to receive a few boxes from Black Box Wines to sample, I jumped at the chance and had some friends over.
And not surprising. They loved the wine. We were able to sample Moscato, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc and everyone had their favorite. (Me…I’m a Merlot girl.)
Want to know something else? Almost all of our friends already had a box of wine in their
No need to be ashamed of the box versus the bottle anymore. Boxed wines, like Black Box Wines, are award-winning, economical, and convenient. (It’s the equivalent of four bottles per box and each box stays fresh for one-month.)
And because I would hate to not have some food on hand with our wine, I’m sharing one of my favorite (and easiest) crowd pleasers. It goes amazingly with the Merlot – something about the smoky bacon with the rich tannins makes for a good finish.
Ingredients 1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup herb stuffing mix (like Stove Top)
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup pork sausage (any roll sausage will work)
1/2 pound sliced bacon
Directions 1. Place stuffing mix in a large bowl.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter in water. Once melted, add it to stuffing mix and stir.
3. Add egg and uncooked sausage to bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. Chill for one hour in refrigerator.
5. While mixture is cooling, preheat oven to 375 degrees and cut bacon strips into thirds and set aside.
6. Shape stuffing mix into small oblongs – about the size of a pecan.
7. Wrap stuffing mixture with cut bacon and secure with a toothpick.
8. Place on jelly roll pan that is topped with an oven safe cooling rack.
9. Repeat until all stuffing/bacon is gone.
10. Bake for 35 minutes or until crisp and golden. Turn halfway through cooking time.
11. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
PS: These can be made up to 24 hours in advance and then just bake them when your guests arrive.
Disclosure: I am partnering in a compensated capacity with Black Box Wines to create recipes and share information about wine. As always, all opinions expressed are entirely my own. Want more information – check out my Disclosure Statement.
It’s time to think inside the box. Available in ten delicious varietals and two sizes (3L and Tetra), Black Box Wine will have you ready to lose the bottle! Black Box Wines is perfect for all your summer gatherings!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Black Box Wines. The opinions and text are all mine.