This is the best meatloaf recipe you will ever make or ever put in your mouth. Period.
I should know, I’ve eaten a whole bunch of lack-luster and nasty meatloaf, so this is why I can say “The BEST Quick Easy Meatloaf Recipe Ever Created By Man”. A good meatloaf can make a rainy day become full of sunshine and a bad meatloaf can make you think that peanut butter and jelly is a gourmet meal.
Three things to note.
First, don’t hand mix your meatloaf. Either use a food processor or a powerful stand mixer to do the job. Consistency is very important.
Second, invest in a 2-Piece Meatloaf Pan. These pans do an amazing job of cooking the meatloaf, while letting all the fat fall to the second pan. In the end, you get all the goodness with none of the greasiness or extra fat.
Finally, if you have a ketchup addiction like me, double the glaze recipe and use as a dipping sauce for your meatloaf. You’ll thank me later.
Enjoy this quick easy meatloaf recipe and it’s going to blow your socks off.
The Best Quick Easy Meatloaf Recipe
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, divided
2 pounds of ground beef
3 slices of white bread, broken into small pieces (the smaller the better)
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix first three ingredients and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine ground beef, white bread, onion, egg, bouillon, remaining lemon juice and 1/3 of ketchup mixture in a food processor or powerful stand mixer. Mix until well combined. Should look very consistent and uniform.
(Don’t skip this step. I’ve learned through trial and error that the consistency of your meatloaf matters as much as your ingredients. Don’t be afraid to let this mix and mix…it hurt the ingredients and you’ll enjoy the meatloaf even more.)
4. Place meat mixture in your 2-Piece Meatloaf Pan
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes. Coat with remaining ketchup mixture and bake for additional 15 minutes.
6. Let meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serve immediately.
Do you have a favorite quick easy meatloaf recipe? Leave it in the comments and make sure to check out Kelly’s Kitchen for more recipes.