You can buy anything at Costco. Milk, a new shower head, multi-vitamins, a camera and Lucky Brand jeans.
For me, the section in the center (known in the Snyder house as “fashion central”) is treasure trove of awesome department store clothing deals for our entire family.
But, with anything, you need to buy smart. Too many “great deals” add up to a lot of clothes in your closet that really don’t go together. So here are some of the Best Costco Clothing Deals I have found at my local store (and most are still available).
Best Costco Clothing Deals
My philosophy on getting the best Costco clothing deals is pretty simple:
- Is the item a staple that will go with multiple things in my closet? If the answer is yes, I usually buy it.
- Is the discount close to 50% off regular retail prices? If I can get the same item somewhere else, I’ll usually pass until I know for sure I will wear the item.
- Do I love it? It’s easy to get caught up in the “Costco Love Affair” and just start throwing things into your cart, because they are so damn big. I make sure I love the piece before I end up at checkout.
Here are some of my favorite Costco deals that I’ve been able to assemble into everyday outfits.
Outfit #1: Green High-Low Short Sleeve Sweater from Matty M and Skinny Jeans from Rich & Skinny (not available).
Outfit #2: Grey Oversized Sweater from Matty M, Black Leggings from Matty M, Kirkland Camisole, and Kirkland’s Chambray Shirt (not available).
Outfit #3: Red Plaid Flannel Shirt from Jachs Girlfriend and Skinny Jeans from Rich & Skinny (not available).
Outfit #4: Faux Leather Moto Jacket from Bernado and Skinny Jeans from Rich & Skinny (not available).
Outfit #5: Rachel Zoe Sweater (not available), Kirkland Signature Camisole, and Skinny Jeans from Rich & Skinny (not available)
Other Costco Clothing Deals
Besides the outfits I put together above, Costco also has great deals on clothes for the family. Here are some of our regular Costco Clothing buys, as well as some special splurges.
Costco Workout Clothes
Costco carries workout clothes for men and women. I’m a fan of Kirkland Signature, TUFF, 32 Degrees and Champion brands. I have two pairs of Champion Yoga Pants that are close to eight years old and still look great. The only downside is they aren’t “trendy”, but are great for basics.
Costco Women’s Clothes
In my opinion, one of the best Costco women’s clothes deals is the Kirkland’s Signature Camisole (2-pack). These camisoles are longer than average, so perfect for layering under a shirt when you are wearing leggings. Plus, because they have lycra, they are also “spanx-like” and do a great job of smoothing your silhouette without being constricting.
Other great buys include the Kirkland’s Signature wool socks, Maidenform Boy Short Underwear, and Champion 2-Pack Sports Bras.
Costco Kid’s Clothes
My favorite buys for kid’s clothes are swimsuits and winter coats. I can pick up Speedo suits for my daughter for under $16.
And you can not beat the deals on winter coats, gloves and boots. Last year I picked up both kiddos these GERRY ski jackets and ski pants for $50. Also, my daughter is a fan of the “knock-off” UGG boots for $20.
Costco Men’s Clothes
Yes, there are clothes for men at Costco. 🙂 My only beef with Costco men’s clothes is they are usually only M – XXL. While Hubs normally wears a medium, sometimes he wears a small…and then we are out of luck.
Men’s clothing staples in our house are Kirkland’s Signature Wool Socks and White T-Shirts. We also frequently purchase the sweaters, rain jackets, long underwear and belts at Costco. (And I’ve heard the wrinkle-free shirts are good, we just don’t have much occasion for wearing them.)
Tips for Buying Costco Clothing
As a Costco Fashionista, I’ve learned a thing or two when purchasing clothes. Here are my tips to make sure you get the item you want when you want it.
- If you love it, buy it. Costco has a set amount of inventory (and it is usually on the floor). Plus, many items are seasonal. Chances are if you come back in two days, your favorite color or style will be gone. Sometimes you will luck out, however, and Costco.com will carry it.
- Buy multiple sizes and try-on at home. Costco has a very generous return policy, utilize it to find the right fit and size.
- Check out other sections. I have purchased snow pants in the boys’ section and raincoats in the men’s section. If the item is more about utility and less about style, don’t worry about where you got it, just that it fits.
- Special Buys. Special buys are like trunk shows and are usually higher end brands. Information regarding special buys and trunk shows is located at the entrance of Costco.
- Don’t forget about shoes. And while clothes are important, Costco often has amazing deals on tennis shoes, winter boots, sandals and more. I picked up these Khombu Boots last year at Costco for $40!
Do you buy clothes from Costco? Do you have any secret Best Costco Clothing Deals? Leave a comment and let us know. Because we all LOVE shopping at Costco.
And a HUGE thank you from my friend Kristen at Dine & Dish for taking all of these photos of me. She’s an amazing photographer and blogger. You’ll fall in love with her site.
And if you loved this post, make sure to check out:
And follow Redefined Mom on Pinterest, where we share content like this every single day.
Follow Kelly @ Redefined Mom’s board Redefined Mom on Pinterest.
Sami Cone says
A. I love you
B. I love the photos of you
C. I love the person who took the photos of you
D. Don’t you dare have a photo shoot again without me 😉
NOTED! We won’t do it again. You just have to move.
I thought I was the only one who did this as I am extremely frugal when it comes to buying clothes. You can’t go wrong with their great return policy if something does not hold up or the quality of the clothing they offer. It is definitely a win-win.
Their return policy is amazing! Plus the quality of the clothes is TOP NOTCH.
HI Kelly, I would love to see you do a style guide on how to wear/ways to wear scarfs, ponchos, those large blanket scarfs. I started a jo where I am in and out of car a lot and I hate wearing coats and would love to see more options on how to stay cozy sans coat!
That is an awesome idea! I’ll work on it for the first of the year.
Yay!! I hope you do!! So many great affordable options and I know you’d show how to wear them in a cute way!
I love the wool socks, swim suits, men’s t-shirts, men’s jeans, work out clothes, baby clothes and halloween costumes!
My daughter in law loved the felina pregnancy leggings. Costco should carry this brand in non pregnancy clothing. So soft and comfortable. She loved them