I love pasta salad.
But as many of us know…not all pasta salads are created equal.
When my friend, Julie, made this pasta salad for a 4th of July event a few years ago, I figured it would be a “typical” pasta salad.
Until my first bite. That become a second. And a third.
Followed by a second helping.
Which led to hiding the leftovers in the back of a fridge so that I could claim them as my own and “pretend” I had no idea where her Tupperware went.
It’s that good. And it is that simple. In fact, you can get all of the ingredients at Aldi…how awesome is that.
Julie’s Two Olive Pasta Salad
1 package Reggano Tri-Color Pasta or other tri-colored pasta
1 can Tuscan Farms Black Olives (sliced), drained
1 jar Tuscan Farms Green Olives (whole), drained
1 small onion, chopper
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 package Happy Farms Mozzarella Cheese (8oz), diced into cubes
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons parsley
1. Cook pasta to package directions. Drain. Rinse. Set aside.
2. Mix vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic salt, sea salt, and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large plastic bowl or container with a lid, mix cooked pasta with vegetables, cheese and dressing mixture. Stir until well coated.
4. Place lid on container and refrigerate over night.
5. Eat and enjoy. Also awesome with grilled chicken.