I am not.
In fact, most of my friends would not use the term “crafty” or “DIY” when describing me.
Lover of Halloween.
I am not.
But my kids have been begging for indoor Halloween decorations. So I was determined to find some quick, easy, cheap ideas that did not require any additional items from the store.
Fast & Easy Halloween Decorations With Recycled Materials
Paper Bag Tree
- Paper Bag (Lunch Size)
- Colored Construction Paper (Optional)
- Glue Stick (Optional)
1. Cut strips half way down paper bag. Start at top of bag and work down so the bottom is intact.
2. Open bag.
3. Cinch at bottom and twist to make the trunk.
4. Take strips two at a time and twist to create branches. These are flexible, so move them as you need to for an artful look.
5. Tear small strips of paper and adhere to paper bag limbs with glue stick.
Milk Jug Ghost
- Empty Gallon Milk Jug
- Black Sharpie
- Battery-Powered Candle or White Christmas Lights
1. Cut top off milk jug to form a straight line around the surface.
2. Turn upside down and make sure milk jug will set level on hard surface.
3. Draw “ghost like face” with black Sharpie.
4. Stuff with white Christmas lights or flameless candle. Turn light on.
5. Awesome idea of up your walkway on Halloween night. Could also go over outdoor lights.
Tissue Paper Ghost
- White Tissue Paper (2 – 3 sheets)
- Empty 2-Liter Soda Bottle or Mayo Container
- Glue Stick
- Black Construction Paper
- White Christmas Lights
1. Cut off top of 2-Liter Bottle or Mayo Container to form a straight line around the surface.
2. Turn upside down and make sure bottle/container will set level on hard surface.
3. Take tissue paper and drape over bottle to make a “ghostly like” gown.
4. Take glue stick and tack paper down to bottle.
5. Cut out eyes and mouth from black construction paper.
6. Fill with White Christmas Lights. Turn lights on.
And if you want to see my segment on Kansas City Live where all talk about all three with more detail – check out the video below.